Sunday, January 17, 2010

VSBN!!

Hooray hooray, it's time for a VSBN!! I love a good excuse to scrapbook, especially since I have finals this week and so I really SHOULDN'T be scrapbooking... but, after all, how often does a VSBN come along??


I've been able to complete two challenges so far and have ideas for more so this post will be a quickie... the first page completed a lot of requirements... here is I am Autism:



The journaling says: You may think I'm not like you. Sometimes I need to rock or clap or make loud sounds. Things might seem strange when I'm around. But those are just surface things. If you watch me you will see I love to laugh and dance and sing. I learn things in my special way. Most of all I love to play. Open your heart and you will see - underneath it all, you're just like me.

The VSBN challenge was to title the page "My name is _______" and to journal something unusual about a person. As it happened, we are trying to raise money for Autism Speaks (check out our team at www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/palmbeach/teamjoshie2010 ) and our local scrapbook store is supporting our team, so I needed to create a page to advertise it - this challenge kind of prompted to idea for the journaling. Then, I also have been taking an on line class at Big Picture Scrapbooking and haven't had time to complete any of the assignments yet (yikes!), so I encorporated the sketch from my class (called Design Your Life with Cathy Zielske - very cool class!) So, lots of purpose behind this page! I was pretty excited to get the title to print in the picture - my first time playing with pse... the paper is from Creative Imaginations. I chose it because the puzzle piece is sort of the universal symbol for autism support.

The next page was for a challenge to create a page resembling an album cover called Busted Stuff... here's the page:


The placement of the main photo and the cut out photo are cased from the album cover, as well as the torn effect... I also used "Busted" as my title since I have PLENTY of photos of my son getting totally busted! I used paper from Bo Bunny's Grease Monkey line because it comes already looking paint spattered and distress - perfect for this page! OK, off to scrap now - hope to have more to post for tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

aww, how did I miss this on SCS?! Maybe it isn't posted, but I love it.
Great job with the challenges and thank you for sharing the first page of your son. My best friend since we were little's oldest son is autistic, so it touches my heart too.