Saturday, January 23, 2010

Imagine... it's almost the end of VSBN!

One more possible upload day for VSBN... I just barely got my next page in on time! The challenge I chose to work on today was K, which was to incorporate the word "Imagine", scrap about someone who brings peace and goodness to your life, use the color pink, and talk about what your peace color is and why. Whew!! First of all, here's my page:



This was my daughter age three... all the world was her oyster and still is! She loved pink, glitz and bling. I had this paper kit from Fancy Pants I'd been dying to use, and I thought the kraft base would be a cool contrasting background for a very blingy girl. The castle was created with my cricut Happily Ever After cartridge , and the title word using the new 'Songbird' font. The flowers are prima and the bling is all from Zva Creative. This page was a case... I usually don't do a lot of casing, but during the G challenge I found several cute pages and this one particularly stuck out to me, so I just wanted to get it done... the original page is Missing You by Jana Eubank and you can see it here.

The next part of the challenge was to talk about what color peace is to you. For me, it's pink! I'm in the middle of a divorce... in fact, last September would have been 15 years. There were a lot of good and bad things about the marriage, some things I do miss. But one thing that always got on my nerves was that my ex had a lot of opinions about the way things in the house should be - it was a constant source of arguements. One of the things I'm celebrating is my newfound ability to decorate any way I like.. hee hee hee! Therefore, the first thing I did in my new room was paint it PINK! Not a masculine thing about this room, and I love it:) Here's a peak:



I love the peace and serenity of my new room and the way it expresses me and what I like - it's great to come home every day and feel comfort in the things around me. So here's hoping that everyone finds a little piece of their own peace this weekend... have a great one!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

the colors look great on teh page. I LOVE your room! ...maybe becuase its pretty and clean! :)