So, first I found the right kind of image on the internet and downloaded it - that was all kinds of interesting because you can just imagine what you end up with when you search for "vintage nudes" on the Internet! I found one, though, and proceeded to get to work.... and here is my ATC:
The first thing you are probably noticing is that this is not your typical ATC - yes, it is 3.5" tall and 2.5" wide, but it's also about .75" deep. I really wanted to do a balcony, and I decided it had to be 3D... so hopefully no one will mind when they get a really fat ATC!
I started by cutting pieces of foam core for the background and the balcony, then covering them with a stucco patterned paper. I also cut small strips to cover the inside of the windows and the front of the balcony, then inked all the edges. I glued the balcony onto the bottom of the wall piece and let that dry. In the mean time, I cut out my nude ladies and glued them to some Graphic 45 paper that I thought looked a lot like wallpaper. I glued pieces of lace to the back of the window, then tied them back curtain style with gold cord. Then I glued the nudes to the back of the window. I cut tiny strips of paper into small bricks, inked the edges, and used them to frame the window. I cut the balcony trim with a fence pattern I downloaded onto my QuicKutz Silhouette and glued it across the front of the balcony.
Finally, I constructed the vines using long pieces of wire and Vintage Christmas Flower Soft. I poked holes in the top of my windows, glued the top of the wires in, and draped them in a manner which is hopefully "artfully" across the wall, and that was it! This was SUCH a fun card to make - brought me right back to my dollhouse roots and I really love the result! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!