Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An Eggstra Special Easter Hut!

This week at the MDC Challenge Blog we were challenged to make an Easter or spring altered item. I've been wanting to decorate one of these folding chipboard house kits from Crafty Secrets forever, so I thought it would make an adorable bunny house!

I used our new Beacon's 3-in-1 glue to attach all my papers to the chipboard - I LOVE this stuff because it grabs quick and dries clear and without wrinkling your project! I decorated the house with our super cute glitter accented Easter papers from Best Creations and the polka dot trim is dot to dot cardstock from Bo Bunny. The little bunnies in the window are cut out from the Best Creations paper. Check out my pictures:


I used my Nestabilities to cut some frames for around the photos that are housed inside the hut - all the windows are 'faux' with pictures glued to the back of the frame. To see inside, you simply remove the roof and untie the ribbon closure at the front of the house. It was very fun and easy to put together - to take the pictures I set it on some pretty Easter patterned paper for a little fun... and that's pretty much it! Very late and I still have to pull some orders so I'll hopefully be back soon with some more fun projects - so many ideas, so little time!!
On a personal note, I'm very excited today after finally getting a chance to meet some of the other mothers of Autistic children at my son's school... we are forming a nonprofit organization to get some services brought into my county, so I'm really excited!! Will keep you all posted, but we already have some fundraising ideas and it really feels like it's going to be a good thing for all of us!!

1 comment:

Robin Wade said...

Tamara, that is SO cute!! What a great little spring decor item to have!