Monday, March 16, 2009

A Bulk Posting!

Holy guacamole, Batman, we've got a lot to get through today!! I had some time to scrap yesterday and I spent the day getting as much done as I could! There are SO many challenges out there that I would love to take part in, and I just never seem to find the time! Speaking of, did you see the cool lists on the side of my blog? They're all categorized by days of the week and have live feed updates, so you can tell if something has been updated recently and go check it out with one click - hurrah blogger for that useful tool! Now instead of trying to remember a million different blogs and challenges I can just go click on my list!

So, first and foremost it's scrapbook challenge day at the MDC Challenge blog. This week we're working with a sketch from Julie Bonner's site - here's the sketch:


And here's my page:




I kept it pretty true to the sketch, although I did allow the fourth picture to be a little larger since my journaling focuses on my son's reaction to seeing the seal show. All the papers and embellishments are from Basic Grey's Marrakech line except the lined journaling paper, which is from Scenic Route. The title stickers are also Scenic Route, and the stamp in the medallion at the top is Daisy Bucket. It's SO fast working with sketches - the hardest part is deciding what pictures to use! I thought the colors and little squares were kind of pool-like, so I settled on some pictures from the Miami Seaquarium seal show a few years ago. The journaling reads:

You're watching them; I'm watching you. I wonder what could possibly be going through your mind seeing seals and humans splashing around and playing together. I'm SURE you would love to jump right in the pool with them and have some fun!



Saturday is inspiration day at Splitcoast Stampers, and this week's inspiration challenge came from Fitz and Floyd - I didn't even have to check out the catalog link because as soon as I saw this sample pick:



I got the idea to do a topper card using a bunny head as a topper, so here's what I came up with:


Originally I just wanted to do the head but it just wasn't coming together for me, so I ended up just using some different Best Creations papers as the background because they are glittery and pastel-ly and super cute, and then used punches and nesties to create my 'bunny'. The ears, arms, and feet are created using SU oval punches. The sign was stamped from a Serendipity stamp onto more Best Creations paper and then mounted on orange cardstock, the corners cut with an SU ticket punch. I drew the face, which is why it's lopsided, but you get the general idea! I had a fun time creating him and know just who I want to send him to!

Last Tuesday's challenge at Caardvarks was to make a critter card - we just got in this awesme Butterfield paper from Memory Box and ever since I saw it I knew I wanted to put a cow on it, so this was my chance! Here's What's Moo...



The cow was stamped on BG white background paper using an old MFT stamp that I've NEVER had the opportunity to use, even though I love it, so that was cool! I stamped an extra head and pop dotted it to add a little dimension. The sign is stamped from SU's Finest Flourishes set, and then I just wrote the sentiment since I didn't have any good cow pun sets... wonder why??? This was super fast and easy to put together and really was just all inspired by the Memory Box paper!!

OK, my last addition for the day was actually for two challenges several weeks ago that are now WAy too late to enter - part of it was a Splitcoast color challenge to use Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion, and Kiwi Kiss, and the other was Lauren Meader's Saturday sketch from that week... I hate that I missed them, but the first time I colored the image it looked crappy and then I worked like crazy and didn't have time to fix it, so here is the newly colored card:



I don't know if Caardvarks will let you enter twice - I guess if they do this could now also fall under the critter challenge! I'll have to check on that; anyway, I used all the colors listed above for cardstock, plus some BG paper from the Sultry collection that matched perfectly and some dotted paper from SU's Bella Rosa pack. The image is from Stampavie (and still isn't colored great, but TRUST me, it's an improvement! I wish I could take that Copic class!!) Again, I didn't have any toad inspired puns, so I just hand wrote the sentiment. I did also use my copic glitter pens to add some shine here and there, but it's difficult to see in the pic. The felt flower and button are old ones I had in my embellishment box - not sure where they're from.

OK, that's it for today! Sorry it's all lumped together, but I get so few days to craft and want to hit as many challenge deadlines as I can! I LOVE challenges and get so much inspiration... hope you make it over to the MDC challenge blog this week today and Thursday to participate and win some goodies!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What fabulous cards ... love the inspired bunny topper card ... what a clever design ... and how fun is that cool cow critter on that Memory Box paper.

lauren bergold said...

CAARDVARKS will *definitely* let you enter any challenge as many times as you'd like; the only requirement is that the cards are *NEW* ones!

which is great because i ♥LOVE♥ both that fabulous cow... (outstanding in her field!) ...and your TOADally awesome toads! :)

Unknown said...

Such adorable Cards! I live in dairy farming community so, of course, I LOVE the cow!

Stampin' Meg said...

wow- your creative juices were flowwing! Great projects-I enjoyed them all!