Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm getting a special treat, having the opportunity to catch up on some scrappin! I have two quick projects to share... the first was a super fun wall canvas that I got through Quick Quotes...




For the layout I followed the kit instructions pretty closely, but I did alter the papers and some of the embellishments so that they would match. The papers with the kit were pretty loud and I wanted something soft and pretty for my daughter's room - I was really happy with the new choices. The kit basically contains three pieces of canvas that you color with ink and then glue together. Then there are a lot of vellum elements from Quick Quotes that you use in various ways, so it's pretty fun. I really enjoyed doing it and my daughter really loved it (her birthday was yesterday... nine... OMG!)

I also completed another layout for my design class at Big Picture Scrapbooking by Cathy Zielske... this lesson was on using white space:




The only thing about this picture is that it is much bluer looking on the computer than it actually is IRL... the paper is actually a very light teal blue, but I was altering the photo so you could see the white flower outlines and this is how it turned out. So I think it's a little prettier IRL than what you can see here.... very classic looking. All papers are from SU... also, the metal label holder and border punch are from SU. The title is a combination of rub ons from Creative Imaginations and the Magenta font from QuicKutz. The flowers are from Prima and the centers are just rhinestone accents from my stash. I'm very happy with the page IRL and really enjoying the class.

Hope where ever you are you are having fun this Valentine's Day!

No comments: