Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Scrapping with ATC's - Day 6 of the MDC Mothers and Daughters Traditions Blog Roll

Hello and welcome! Our Mothers and Daughters Traditions blog roll continues today with a celebration of ATC's. ATC's are Artist Trading Cards - little samples of wonders that papercrafters trade with one another to showcase their talents.

Cathy is our resident ATC expert on the MDC Design team. She did two awesome tutorials on her blog here and here if you'd like to learn how to make them. Leah also posted a wonderful new example today on her blog.

My part of the challenge is to illustrate how ATC's can be used on scrapbook pages. I had so many ideas for this, you have no idea! Wouldn't an ATC without a strong central image be great as a monogram title block, with the first letter being on the ATC and the rest of the title extending from it? Or you could use an ATC to create a journaling pocket, or several together to create a border. I think their are so many things one could do with ATC's and scrapbooking!

On my sample below I chose to use one simply as an embellishment, as you would a tag.



The ATC I used is one I received in a swap amongst our designers a little while back, and it was created by Leah. Isn't it awesome? There is inking, stamping, and heat embossing all contained in a 2.5x3.5" canvas. I loved receiving it, and am so happy to put it to good use! Here's a close up:



My page uses papers, stickers, and rub-ons from Basic Grey's Wisteria collection. Leah's ATC uses papers from Melissa Frances and this Basic Grey stamp set.

The picture is of my x's grandmother, so my kids' great-grandmother. She's a pip! Her name is Virgie, but none of the kids could ever pronounce it, so she became Birdie, which fits because she loves birds, flowers, and butterflies. I have a lot more pictures to scrap of her 85th, but since I had such a good one of her alone with the cake I wanted at least one page to just really focus on her.

I hope you enjoyed this sample - I wish I could have shown samples of all my ideas, but life rolls on! Don't forget to pop over to Leah's blog to check out her sample, and the main MDC Challenge board if you want to play along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I love the cards (I get M.E. and Johnny Carson) !!!!! and I love your blog!!! please join PAT 12, I want to swap with you again!!!!!! :)